New Library Building Update:
The Embudo Valley Library has selected Avanyu, LLC, a Native American and woman owned company, to be the contractor for the final leg of the building project. USDA is funding the final piece of the project, which includes parking, sidewalks, fire lane, grading and drainage for the new building, and code change renovations (including ADA access) for the old/existing library building.
We signed our contract with AVANYU after a delay related to the government shut down. They formally started work on October 30. We look forward to a new library move in date in December 2013!
The Embudo Valley Library & Community Center is a non-profit, rural, public library serving un-incorporated communities in the Embudo Valley watershed in northern New Mexico. We serve the villages of Velarde, Embudo, Dixon, Ojo Sarco, Peñasco, Llano, Chamisal, Picurís, El Valle, Las Trampas, Chamisal and Vadito, with daily library service, indoor and outdoor meeting space, local radio station broadcasts and quality youth programs.
We issue library cards to local New Mexico residents and temporary cards to visitors with a local sponsor. We hope to see you in the library soon!
Current KLDK Schedule (Click Schedule to Enlarge)
Current Weather In Dixon
- Summer Reading Program 2013: Dig Into Reading - Begins June 13 - Embudo Library - Jun 7, 2013
- New Library Construction Photos - Embudo Library - Mar 9, 2013
- Ahora! After School Program Photos - Embudo Library - Jan 29, 2013
- Embudo Valley Library receives Library Journal Star Library designation. - Felicity Fonseca - Nov 30, 2012
- Like us on Facebook! - Felicity Fonseca - Nov 30, 2012